The Liebster Award is an award passed around small blogs as a way to put a bit of spotlight on the blogs and make the blogger feel like people are actually interested and paying attention to what they do (which can be hard sometimes!). When someone nominates you for this award they pose 11 questions that need to be answered in the form of a blog post. This is a great way for everyone in the blogging community to get to know each other as well as a way for readers to find out a little more about the person behind the posts.
I must say, I don’t get nominated very often for awards, so first I would like to thank my dear friend Brandi, from Aunt Bee’s Recipes for nominating me. Brandi is kind of a food blog hero of mine… Her wonderful page is full of fantastic, fun recipes! Please visit her blog if you haven’t, you won’t be sorry!
So… I guess that the award is not only a wonderful recognition, but a way for me to inform my readers more about me! Here we go!
1. Why did I start blogging?
Well, honestly I did it for fun. I love to cook and create my own recipes and I just really wanted to share them with other people. The moment that I had someone tell me they made a recipe of mine and it was good was so rewarding and exciting that I just keep going!
2. What are three kitchen utensils I cannot live without?
The first and foremost would have to be my dishwasher… not the machine, the husband. I cook, he cleans up! I totally couldn’t live without that dishwasher, especially since I make such a mess when I cook!!
The second one is this old wooden spoon I have… It is my favorite spoon to cook with! I use it every night. I have had it forever, too. My mom gave it to me many years ago and I can’t seem to part with it. I hope it never breaks!
The third is my new Cuisinart immersion blender. My wonderful husband gave it to me for Christmas this past year and I use it almost daily for smoothies, sauces and it came with a chopper attachment which is great for chopping nuts for recipes.
3. Where do I see my blog in five years?
Hopefully still here and cookin’! Excuse the pun… I don’t know, I totally am doing it for fun so hopefully I still love it and it is fun for me! Who knows, maybe it will become much more.
4. What are three things I can’t live without?
Family, I love my family…
Good friends, you know… the ones you don’t see forever, but when you do it is just like you saw them yesterday.
And yes… I know this is sooo ridiculous, but my phone. I can’t stand not having my phone!
5. My favorite TV show?
I have two… Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and House Hunter’s International.
6. What is my favorite Blog Post?
That is tough. I think my Pan Seared Citrus and Chili Tilapia
7. Other than blogging, what do I enjoy doing with my time?
A lot of things, I love to cook, garden, hang out with my Honey and my son, go on motorcycle rides, visit local wineries, dine out, hike through the wonderful parks we have around here, read, I am starting to learn to make wine at home. I like all kinds of things!
8. If I could go anywhere on vacation where would it be?
Everywhere. I want to go to Ireland, France, Spain, Belize, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Ecuador, pretty much any tropical rain forest type location, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, the Carolinas, and Maine. The list goes on.
9. If I could meet any chef who would it be and why?
Ummm, Guy Fieri… I just think he is a riot. I think we should all have fun in the kitchen and he seems to really do that! Whether it is his kitchen or someone else’s.
10. What is my favorite and least favorite food?
That is so tough! I love food. I guess my all-time favorite thing to eat is cheese enchiladas with green chili, which I never get to eat anymore. My least favorite? I don’t like mushrooms. And the think I will not even try is tongue. I can’t get over that it was in an animal’s mouth! Ewwwww!!
11. What is my favorite restaurant?
Well, my true favorite was El Nopal in Colorado Springs, but it is no longer there. I like a few places though. Another in Colorado Springs is Rocco’s, then around here I like Questa Lasagna in Mt. Morris, Fox’s Gourmet Deli.
Eleven things that you don’t know about me… wow. I don’t know if there is that much to tell!
- It totally makes me crazy when people enter a store through a door that is CLEARLY marked EXIT.
- The thing I like to do most to relax is to take a long walk. I mean a long walk!
- I met my Honey through an online dating site. We met for the first time over coffee at Tim Horton’s, but we both like Dunkin Donuts better.
- My favorite place on earth is Orcas Island, WA.
- I am an only child.
- I have worked at the same company for just about 15 years, my son was a baby when I started and he will be 15 this year.
- My favorite spot in my home is on my back patio sitting in the swing we picked up on the roadside with my Honey. He fixed it up and hung it just for me.
- I was a hairstylist for 11 years.
- I met my best two friends while we were working in the mall. One I worked at the same store with, the other was in the store next door.
- My absolute favorite color is pink!
- I have a very eclectic taste in music that ranges from Frank Sinatra to Neon Trees.
Liebster Award Rules:
Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award and provide a link back to his or her blog.
Answer the questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers who have blogs whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated or email them.
Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What are three kitchen utensils you cannot live without?
3. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
4. What are 3 things you can’t live without?
5. What is your favorite TV Show?
6. What is your favorite blog post?
7. Other than blogging, what do you enjoy doing with your time?
8. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be?
9. If you could meet any chef, who would it be and why?
10. What is your favorite and least favorite food?
11. What is your favorite restaurant?
I am nominating some of my blogger friends for the Liebster Award! Go check out their blogs!
Rini from Healing Tomato
Dan and Scott from Platter Talk
Janette from Culinary Ginger
Sarah from The Chef Next Door
KC from The Kitchen Chopper