Classic Tuna Salad Puff!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
I know… I am so behind the times here… Have you used those puff pastry cups and sheets yet? I know, I see them all the time and I haven’t done anything with them. I have several ideas and tonight will provide me with the perfect opportunity for one being short on time. I want to make something easy and that my whole family will like. I love a good tuna salad once in a while and so do they, so hey… why not try it in a puff!
- 4 Puff pastry shells like the one’s from Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
- 2 large cans albacore tuna in water
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Several romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 grape tomatoes cut in half
- Some chopped chives for garnish
Bake pastry shells as directed on package, let cool. Drain tuna and squeeze as much water as you can out. Place in bowl. Add Celery, onion, Mrs. Dash and mayo.
Stir to completely blend. (Adjust mayo to your liking if you like more or less).
Place one or two lettuce leaves, pointing up in each shell.
Scoop equal amounts of the tuna into each shell.