By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
December 10, 2013
I am always looking to create new soup recipes. I love soup in the winter. I am really inspired this week with it being so cold!! My husband’s favorite soups are the creamy ones. I like spicy, so here we have a meet in the middle mix. Hope he likes it!
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 sweet onion julienned
- ½ red bell pepper diced (red for color)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbl red pepper paste
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 package frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 3 – 4 small red potatoes peeled and cubed about 1 cup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 4.5 can diced green chilies (or half cup fresh roasted if you have them)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup jack cheese, shredded
Heat olive oil in large stock pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat, add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
Add onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is slightly softened and translucent.
Then add the garlic, red pepper past and dry white wine.
Next put the potato and corn in and give it a stir, pour the broth in with cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, green chilies and salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender.
Add cream and stir, taste for seasoning, then whisk in cheese until smooth.
Serve with a nice green salad or even a quesadilla.
Crunchy corn tortilla