Rosemary Sage Sausage Pizza!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
Now, I am not making this for dinner tonight, but the ideas sometime just pop into my head and I have to type them up while I am thinking about it. I was trying to think of what to make for dinner, but I want something a little lighter tonight! This will be a great fall recipe I think!!
That being said! This was fantastic! I mean fantastic! My son loved it because he thought it tasted like biscuits and gravy. I had Fontina cheese so this was nice and creamy and the mozzarella gave it a good pizza stretch! It was great!
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 loaf of crusty rosemary olive oil bread or crust with rosemary: I used a double batch of Cuisinart Pizza Dough and added about 1 tbsp. of dried rosemary to the flour.
- ½ cup creamy Alfred Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Fontina Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tube sage breakfast sausage browned and drained
- 2 cups spinach julienned
- ½ cup chopped red onion
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Coat surface for rolling with corn meal, roll out dough to fit your pan. Sprinkle pan with a little more corn meal. Bake crust for 10 minutes with no topping because I use a double batch and it is kind of thick.
Spread Alfred sauce over the crust or bread.
Sprinkle the sausage over the sauce along with the onion and spinach. Spread the cheeses evenly to cover the toppings.
Bake for 15 to 20 minute or until it is hot and bubbly and cheese starts to brown slightly. Remove from oven, let stand for a few minutes before cutting.
Cut into 6 – 8 slices and serve.