Hearty Grilled Steak Salad!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
Oh boy! Salads! One of my favorite things are using leftovers to make a great meal time salad! I love taking fresh produce from farm markets or my garden, mixing it up with left overs, using a great dressing and just enjoying all the mixed flavors! Tonight’s recipe will be using leftovers from last night’s dinner of Grilled Beef Sirloin Tip Steaks and featuring a fabulous dressing from Patty over at Cooking on a Budget!
- 2 cups cubed bread
- Olive oil spray
- Greek seasoning to taste (I used Cavender’s)
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 8 cups chopped hearts of romaine 2 cups left over
- Grilled Beef Sirloin Tip Steaks cut into strips (you can grill it up fresh if you like)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I like red best)
- ½ a red onion, julienned
- Several cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Patty’s Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing (or your favorite store brand)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
Spray olive oil in large skillet. Over medium low heat toast bread cubes, towards the end of browning spray bread cubes again and sprinkle with the Greek Seasoning and parmesan cheese. Toast just a touch more. Remove from heat and set aside.
On 4 plates or large bowls, divide equally the lettuce for a bed to your other ingredients.
Next layer on steak strips.
Bell pepper, onion and tomatoes.
Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salads and sprinkle with some shredded parmesan cheese and the croutons.