Firecracker Corn Dip!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
Corn is one of my favorite things. It is so versatile. Great side dish’s, great dips, great in soup and casseroles, chips, popcorn… the list goes on. This dip was inspired by a cold dip that I have taken to so many functions, Cowboy Corn Dip. I just thought a nice warm version would be so good. Nothing better than melty cheese, right? Well I think this is going to knock your socks off!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Jalapenos, seeded and chopped (Adjust to how spicy you like it)
- 2 Red Cherry Pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 large pablano pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Lots of your favorite corn chips
This can be made in the microwave, I prefer in the oven.
Preheat oven to 350°F
Heat olive oil in a skillet, add the jalapenos, cherry pepper, onion and pablano pepper. Saute until peppers start to soften and onion is translucent. Add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together, RESERVING ½ cup of the cheddar cheese. Coat a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Scoop the mixture into the casserole and spread evenly. Cover with aluminum foil and a bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and place back into the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is hot. Serve hot with the chips.
Side Note: This was really very tasty, but next time I think I might add a little more heat by leaving some of the seeds of the peppers in or add in a little tobacco or sriracha. After cooking, the peppers really mellowed.
Other Favorite Corn Recipes:
- Corn and Pablano Chowder!
- Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas!
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa!
- Corn and Basil Salad!
- Avocado Corn Salad!