Corn and Basil Salad!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
April 25, 2014
I am making a smoked chicken… it is delicious! My Honey requests it regularly. Here is the link to the recipe I like to use: Apple Smoked Chicken in a Pie Pan from, Smoking-Meat.Com with Jeff Phillips. It really does keep the meat moist and tender and left overs are amazing from this recipe!! So I wanted a nice spring/summer recipe to pair with this delicious meat! This is one of my favorite salads! I take it to a lot of picnics and it goes over very well! Easy and delicious! I hope you love it!
- 1 package frozen corn kernels, thawed (I like the white corn and you can use fresh in season)
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cubed or a small package of the mini balls
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 dozen grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Chill for about ½ hour and serve.