Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas!
By: Kecia’s Flavor Breakthrough!
I am so tired of the same old thing for lunch, but I don’t want to eat too heavy of a meal. I think by making a little pan of these goodies and dividing them into 2 per serving it will be a perfect little thing to kick up my lunch routine! I am looking forward to eating these over the week! Or I might eat them for dinner and make my Honey something else!
- 10 corn tortillas (I prefer corn, but you can use whatever you like best)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Mexican corn, drained
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 small can diced jalapenos (or the milder green chilies)
- 1 can red or green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F
Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Mix together the beans, corn, onion, and chilies in a bowl. Place some of the mixture in a tortilla and roll. Place the enchilada in the dish, seam side down. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the cheese. Place in the oven and bake for ½ hour or until hot and cheese is melted.
Serve immediately or in my case, let cool a bit and place two enchiladas in containers to freeze for lunches.